Steadfast Support From Project Start To Finish
We work extremely hard to provide you with a smooth construction or renovation experience, yet we know that you might still have some questions about our support policy and warranty inclusions/exclusions. For each project we provide our clients with a detailed warranty document, User Guides, and multiple methods to contact support, so clients can get their questions or issues answered and resolved in a timely manner.
We are available to support our clients by phone, email or through our portal request website. If there is a critical issue within your home, please call 312-588-6878 and a member from the Urbane Home management staff will respond as soon as possible. If the question, issue or repair within your home is not critical, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond within 24 hours with a plan and next steps for response and repair.
Our support hours are Monday – Friday from 8am – 5pm.
What Our Support Covers
At the completion of a project, we compile a punch list/inspection report where all list items are mutually agreed upon by both parties. We are businesswomen of our word and shall make every reasonable effort to correct all items listed within an inspection report within a reasonable time after the project closes.
Urbane Home will accompany our client(s) on two site visits during the one-year warranty period to evaluate any warranty issues as well as answer any questions and/or provide additional information as to home functions. The warranty visits will take place around 6 months after project completion and then again at the 11-month mark after project completion.
These site visits are a service offering of Urbane Home to reflect our commitment to quality and customer service but can be used at the discretion of our client(s) during the one-year warranty period. Should our clients request additional site visits or consultation services during or after the warranty period, fees will be discussed and applied prior to any additional work or visit.
What Our Support Does Not Cover
Please Note: No corrections will be made for defects or items not recorded by the inspection report, or issues claimed or discovered after the expiration of the one-year warranty period. The following conditions, restrictions, exclusions and limitations apply to Urbane Home’s Certificate of Limited Warranty;
- All chips, scratches or marks on items such as, but not limited to tile, walls, porcelain, glass (including breakage or cracks), plumbing fixtures, and plastic laminate counter tops must be noted on the Preoccupancy Inspection Report or they will not be covered under the Certificate of Limited Warranty;
- Faucet leaks, toilets, floor and wall tile grouting are warranted for a period of sixty (60) days after closing. Thereafter, any repairs or corrections become the sole responsibility of CLIENT;
- Nail or screw pops, floor squeaks or cracks in the walls and ceilings that do not result from faulty workmanship or defective materials, or of abnormal movement of the building components. If an abnormal condition occurs, URBANE HOME LLC will correct such abnormal condition, within a reasonable time, provided that notice of such abnormal condition in writing, is received by URBANE HOME LLC, during the Warranty Period. In any case, URBANE HOME LLC is not responsible for any painting or redecorating;
- Variations in Natural Products. Natural products such as brick, stone, birch, marble, various woods, including but not limited to oak and cherry and other similar products contain variations in grain and color. The CLIENT(S) acknowledge that the choice of such natural products, including but not limited to brick, stone, birch, marble, various woods, including cabinets, cabinet doors, trim, fireplaces, etc. may include areas and/or other components which vary in color and/or grain. This is not a defect, it occurs normally and naturally, and will not be replaced or “repaired” by the URBANE HOME LLC.
- Moisture conditions, mold, mold spores, mold growth or indoor contaminants that do not result from faulty workmanship or defective materials (“abnormal condition”). If an abnormal condition occurs, URBANE HOME LLC will correct such abnormal condition within a reasonable time, provided that notice of such abnormal condition in writing, is received by URBANE HOME LLC during the Warranty Period. In any case, URBANE HOME LLC is not responsible for any painting or redecorating;
- Cracks in concrete walls, masonry or stucco, floors or slabs, except when causing water infiltration;
- Cracks in asphalt or concrete driveways and walks;
- Settlement of the home.
- Scaling, flaking, chipping, popping of concrete surfaces including the foundation due to settlement and/or weathering conditions.
- Hardwood Flooring.
- Warranty service is not available for and does not cover correction of the results of ordinary wear and tear, or damage due to misuse or neglect, negligence, failure to provide proper maintenance or items altered by CLIENT or CLIENT’S representative.
- Warranty service is not available for and does not cover damage to the plumbing system resulting from CLIENT’S or CLIENT’S representative’s introducing anything other than human waste or standard toilet paper into the plumbing system. Sanitary wipes, even those deemed ‘flushable’ by the manufacturer are damaging to the plumbing system. Damage caused by these wipes or any other foreign body will not be covered and is the responsibility of the CLIENT
- Appliances, equipment and fixtures which are defined as consumer products under applicable laws are not covered by the URBANE HOME LLC’S warranty contained herein and are expressly excluded, such appliances equipment and fixtures are covered by manufacturer’s specific warranties that the URBANE HOME LLC shall assign to the CLIENT at the closing.
- This certificate of limited warranty does not extend to any item which has been modified or repaired by CLIENT, or any items which are installed pursuant to a separate contract of agreement between the CLIENT and any party other than URBANE HOME LLC.
- Certain Personal Property and Equipment constituting part of the purchased Premises may be supplied with manufacturers’ instructions and warranties. It is recommended that the manufacturers’ instruction pamphlets be read and followed. URBANE HOME LLC is not a warrantor under and does not adopt any such manufacturers’ warranties. In the event of defects in such products, CLIENT should contact the manufacturer directly. URBANE HOME LLC is not responsible for the performance of any manufacturer under its warranty.